Thread poster: Worder Company

Worder Company
Russian Federation
Local time: 13:16
Russian to English
+ ...
Aug 2, 2014

I have the following issues:

1. I have two termbases. No. 1 -- the main termbase, including 400 terms. I would like to have it automatically cued in the editor. No. 2 -- additional termase, including 4,000 terms.

2. When I switch on "predictive typing and auto-pick", these both termbases start to be predicted. In this case it becomes impossible to translate, since for each word there are multiple suggestions from the 4,000-term termbase. I tried all three options of prediction -- only text, only list, list + text. The only text option is better versus the other two, but still the typing speed goes significantly down.

3. I have decided to start using memo after 3-year experience with trados, since I am completely tired of the situation, when the terms are not being recognized by trados 2014 (and all previous builds).

What is your advice? What should I do?

P.S.

I have 1,000 pages to translate, shared across 3 translators. It's not possible for me to manage the termbases alone, so I would eventually receive termbases created by other members. This means that it would not be possible for me to "manually" look up any terms that I MUST use, as I would usually do in trados.

[Редактировалось 2014-08-02 19:06 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

issue with automatic term display in the editor

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search