Thread poster: Worder Company

Worder Company
Russian Federation
Local time: 12:25
Russian to English
+ ...
Aug 2, 2014

I have the following issues:

1. I have two termbases. No. 1 -- the main termbase, including 400 terms. I would like to have it automatically cued in the editor. No. 2 -- additional termase, including 4,000 terms.

2. When I switch on "predictive typing and auto-pick", these both termbases start to be predicted. In this case it becomes impossible to translate, since for each word there are multiple suggestions from the 4,000-term termbase. I tried all three options of prediction -- only text, only list, list + text. The only text option is better versus the other two, but still the typing speed goes significantly down.

3. I have decided to start using memo after 3-year experience with trados, since I am completely tired of the situation, when the terms are not being recognized by trados 2014 (and all previous builds).

What is your advice? What should I do?

P.S.

I have 1,000 pages to translate, shared across 3 translators. It's not possible for me to manage the termbases alone, so I would eventually receive termbases created by other members. This means that it would not be possible for me to "manually" look up any terms that I MUST use, as I would usually do in trados.

[Редактировалось 2014-08-02 19:06 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

issue with automatic term display in the editor

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search