Importing glossaries into memoQ 2014
Thread poster: Jack Ward

Jack Ward  Identity Verified
Spanish to English
Aug 13, 2014

Hi all,

I was wondering whether anyone could help me: I'm trying to import a glossary into memoQ 2014.

I have two glossaries: a cfs file and a .txt file, one of which I would like to import so as to begin translating using memoQ.

I've tried field mapping, and I followed all of the instructions in the user manual, but without success. I've managed to download the source terms (Spanish), but the target terms (English) have not imported.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Kind regards,

Jack

Anthony Green  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 18:17
Italian to English
+ ...
is that a CSV? Aug 13, 2014

Hello Jack
It sounds as if you are doing things right, so I don't know what to advise.
If that is a CSV if you like you can send it to me and I can see whether it works for me. I will either then send you instructions or the glossary itself (whichever is easier).

Jack Ward  Identity Verified
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Software is not my strong suit, Anthony! Aug 13, 2014

Hi, Anthony,

Many thanks for your reply.

As far as I'm aware, the glossary in question is tab-delimited (I've now decided to focus on trying to import the .txt file). I've assigned fields to both the source and target terms, but only the source terms appear when I import them into memoQ!

I can certainly send you my glossary. That's most kind of you to offer to help. I'll try sending it to your PM presently.

Kind regards,

Jack

Woodstock  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 18:17
Member (2005)
German to English
+ ...
It never hurts to contact MemoQ support directly, Aug 13, 2014

if you haven't already. I have found them to be quite fast and helpful, though I have not had any problems with the software itself. My questions were about other matters. A two-pronged approach may be even more efficient than only relying on people coming across your question here by chance.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Importing glossaries into memoQ 2014

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search