Thread poster: CJIoHuKu

CJIoHuKu
Russian Federation
Local time: 04:24
English to Russian
+ ...
Sep 7, 2014

Hi, guys.
Can anyonу tell me what translation results panel RED PLUG ICON means?
It inserts wrong translations too often and I don't know what plugin I should turn off to get rid of it.

Thank you.

Direct link Reply with quote

VIP9N
Local time: 00:24
Russian to English
+ ...
You can't Sep 8, 2014

It is called smth like "text autoassembly" and, as far as I know, you cannot switch it off. Couple of years ago I tried to find the way to shut it off, but in vain. To live with it I use Ctrl+Z upon each leaping to the next segment.

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:24
Finnish to French
Snapshot? Sep 8, 2014

CJIoHuKu wrote:
Can anyonу tell me what translation results panel RED PLUG ICON means?

Can you include a snapshot of that icon (upload it to tinypic.com or equivalent)? What version of memoQ are you using?

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:24
Finnish to French
Fragment assembly Sep 8, 2014

VIP9N wrote:
It is called smth like "text autoassembly"

AFAIK, memoQ doesn't use the term "auto-assembly", but rather "fragment assembly". See:

http://kilgray.com/memoq/2014/help-full-en/index.html?fragment_assembly.html
VIP9N wrote:
and, as far as I know, you cannot switch it off.

If we are talking about the same thing, you can:

http://kilgray.com/memoq/2014/help-full-en/index.html?automatic_lookup_and_insertion_dialog.html

Just untick Insert assembled hit if no suitable TM hit is present.

CJIoHuKu
Russian Federation
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Snapshot Sep 8, 2014

Here is shapshot.

And BTW, I do need assembled hit insertion. But this red plug inserts wrong hits.
That's what I do not need at all.

NecdetB  Identity Verified
Turkey
German to Turkish
+ ...
Machine Translation Sep 8, 2014

Hi,

Those hits come from the machine translation. To disable it, go to:

Tools -> Options

This will pop-up a window. In the upper-left , you will see the "category" section. There, click on the "TM Plugins" and just uncheck the enabled one(s).

Hope this helps.

Gezegen

VIP9N
Russian to English
+ ...
You are right Dominique Sep 9, 2014

...memoQ doesn't use the term "auto-assembly", but...

That was why I had written "smth like", because I hadn't remembered the term.

If we are talking about the same thing, you can:

Yep. We can now in recent versions, but see, I wrote "...a couple of years ago". Now I use 6.5.x version and it still doesn't have this option At least I cannot find it (Miscellaneous->Lookup results). Nevertheless I got used to that weird thing with the help of Ctrl+Z and don't even notice it.

...If we are talking about the same thing...

After the second comment of CJIoHuKu about some "red plug" (?), I'm not sure we are talking of the same thing

CJIoHuKu
Russian Federation
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
TM Plugins Sep 9, 2014

Thanks Gezegen.

Could you tell me a few words about those TM plugins, what do they do exacatly?
Will it have any effect on my translation if I turn 'em off?

NecdetB  Identity Verified
Turkey
German to Turkish
+ ...
Machine translations shine where human translations lack Sep 9, 2014

Hi CJIoHuKu,

Similar to machine translation plugins, the TM plugins get translation results for a given translation unit (TU), e.g. a group of words, a sentence or a paragraph in a source language, from machine translation databases, which generally are huge. They won't, and in fact cannot, give your translation harm if you disable them.

You may, however, make use of them where and when your own resources, i.e. your own "memory", your own vocabulary, your translation memories, glossaries, dictionaries, fail to cover a given TU. In such cases, machine translations might be handy even if they don't show correct and/or exact matches. Suppose, they give a result like "machine to be this result of using could". You could easily figure out that the correct result corresponding to the TU should most probably be like "this machine result could be of use".

Apart from this, they might as well be used for testing some features in a quick and dirty way, e.g. for quickly building up a TM for a piece of text and then testing pre-translate feature.

Gezegen

CJIoHuKu
Russian Federation
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
TM lugins Sep 10, 2014

Thanks a lot for your answer.
I've tried to unchek TM plugins and it seems that it was MyMemory plugin by Kilgray. I've tried to search for manual but I failed.

I'll try to work a few days without it, and if it won't affect transltion I'll get rid of it.

Thank you guys.

P.S. Regarding my previous post:

Does anyone know anything about project troubles, when MemoQ says that the project cannot be opened due to it is moved to Recycle bin, but it is still in the list. When I manually move th project to the Bin and then restore it it is still unopenable. The only solution I've found is create the new project and so on. But it takes time.

Thanks in advance.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation Results Panel Icons

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search