Thread poster: François Marcoux

François Marcoux
Canada
Local time: 14:25
Member (2016)
French to English
+ ...
Sep 25, 2014

Is there a way to reduce the time for the results to appear in the translation results pane when starting a new segment. Often, by the time the results appear, I have almost finished translating the segment. Anybody else have this problem?
Thank you!

Marc Cordes  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 20:25
English to German
+ ...
Old PC? Sep 25, 2014

That happened to me when I was working with MemoQ on my 6+ years old laptop but not on a static desktop PC which is recently new (3+ years).
How many gigabyte of RAM do you have in your PC?

François Marcoux
Canada
Member (2016)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
8 GB RAM Sep 25, 2014

Thanks for the quick response. I thought about that at first and should have mentioned it earlier. My processor is a CORE i7 with 8 GB Ram, so I don't think that would be the problem.

Could it be that MemoQ is searching for too many words at the same time in the TM? But then, I don't think my TM is that large on this particular project I am working on.

Marc Cordes  Identity Verified
Poland
English to German
+ ...
Superior hardware Sep 26, 2014

I have the same amount of RAM and your CPU is even superior to mine so that should not be the problem...

I was working with TMs with 20k+ entries before also without significant delays. I guess this really seems to be another problem than what my first guess was. I hope someone from Kilgray visits here to provide some help!

Crossing fingersicon_smile.gif

[Edited at 2014-09-26 19:25 GMT]

John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Member (2008)
French to English
Support Sep 26, 2014

Marc Cordes wrote:
I hope someone from Kilgray visits here to provide some help!

Have you emailed Kilgray support at support@kilgray.com? They usually respond quite quickly.

François Marcoux
Canada
Member (2016)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Support Sep 26, 2014

Yes, if nobody will be answering here, than yes I'll send a ticket request to Kilgray. Thanks for the reminder.

FarkasAndras  Identity Verified
English to Hungarian
+ ...
How much data? Sep 26, 2014

Do you use very large TMs? By very large I mean more than 1 million segments.

François Marcoux
Canada
Member (2016)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
TM question Sep 26, 2014

No, nothing close. Actually, I am a fairly new user of a licensed version of MemoQ and have not had that much time to build up large TMs. Thanks for asking.

Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:25
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
@Francois: Sep 26, 2014

Have a look under:

Tools > Options > Terminology plugins
Tools > Options > TM plugins

Check to see if any of the plugins (EuroTermBank plugin + TAUS Plugin My Memory plugin + TaaS plugin) are activated. If so, try switching them off and check your speed then.

Some of these plugins are known to slow memoQ down considerably.

Michael

François Marcoux
Canada
Member (2016)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
To Michael Sep 26, 2014

I unchecked two plugins, Taas and TAUS. At fist glance it, does seem to be quicker now. Thanks for the tip !!!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation results taking too long to appear in MemoQ2014

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search