Thread poster: Mrs. Chiltern

Mrs. Chiltern
Kazakhstan
Local time: 01:30
Member (2014)
English to Russian
Oct 13, 2014

hello,

I had installed a demo version of MemoQ a few days ago. Version 7.0.63, the last one. There is a button called "Zen".

When I was testing my newly installed program, it performed perfectly until I pressed the Zen button in the upper pane. I did it out of curiosity, but in a second the program crashed and since then nothing can return it to life. Each time I try to open it, it opens and immediately gets blocked. The window that appears says that there appeared an unknown problem and Microsoft will contact me when they solve it. The program window is not active, so I cannot release this button or do anything in the program window. Re-installation doesn't help.

Could anyone give me an advice on how can I bring it to life?

Many thanks in advance!

[Редактировалось 2014-10-14 08:39 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Marinus Vesseur  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 12:30
English to Dutch
+ ...
Support should be included... Oct 13, 2014

... and it's pretty good. Just go to support.kilgray.com and submit a ticket.

Good luck!

- Marinus

Mrs. Chiltern wrote:

hello,

I has installed a demo version of MemoQ a few days ago. Version 7.0.63, the last one. There is a button called "Zen".

When I was testing my newly installed program, it performed perfectly until I pressed the Zen button in the upper pane. I did it out of curiosity, but in a second the program crashed and since then nothing can return it to life. Each time I try to open it, it opens and immediately gets blocked. The window that appears says that there appeared an unknown problem and Microsoft will contact me when they solve it. The program window is not active, so I cannot release this button or do anything in the program window. Reinstallation doesn't help.

Could anyone give me an advice on how can I bring it to life?

Many thanks in advance!

Denis Hay
Local time: 21:30
Of course support is available! Oct 14, 2014

Hi,

I would indeed advise you two things:

1st: restart your PC and try again. This sounds too much like a random error, completely unrelated to memoQ (more likely soundcard issue?)

2nd: if your problem persists, definitely contact support@kilgray.com, they're here to help you. even with strange things such as this one. And you are eligible for support during your trial period.

The "Zen" feature has been present with memoQ for a loooong time now, and you're he first person I see reporting an issue with it (if that's indeed due to that). My guess would rather be a hiccup with your soundcard driver or something similar. (Zen uses sound).

Mrs. Chiltern
Kazakhstan
Local time: 01:30
Member (2014)
English to Russian
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved Oct 14, 2014

Dear All,

Thank you very much for your comments, I followed the first one and sent a report to Kilgray. The support team confirmed that there was a problem with this feature in this version. They gave me a link to another version and said they would issue an updated version today with this problem repaired.

Again,
thank you all for your help!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MemoQ crashed after pressing the Zen button

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search