Importing bilingual Excel
Thread poster: Katiusza

Katiusza
Poland
Local time: 10:38
English to Polish
Nov 13, 2014

Hi Guys & Girls

I need help regarding importing bilingual Excel with columns side by side.
Until some point it was super simple: Import with options, choose file, Multilingual delimited file and then choosing relevant options/columns in the next window.

Now it seems that you need to dig into resource console and create a separate filter every time before import. However, even if I do that and specify the right columns, I get a 'Sequence contains no elements' error message and the import is not successful. Has anyone seen that and knows what to do? I need to deliver to the client urgently and Kilgray support went mute.

Thanks in advance!

Direct link Reply with quote

Katiusza
Poland
English to Polish
TOPIC STARTER
Issue solved! Nov 13, 2014

Please ignore the question, the issue was solved with Kilgray's support.

If anyone experiences this in the future: it might be a version in your build, check it and update if needed.

Juancar
English to Spanish
How? Nov 16, 2014

Hi Katiusza,

I have the same problem. Can you tell how did you solve the problem?

Thank you!!

JC

MikeTrans
Germany
Italian to German
+ ...
Hiding columns Nov 17, 2014

MemoQ has an easy import system for Excel files: you chose to hide specific columns.

Mike

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Importing bilingual Excel

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search