https://www.proz.com/forum/memoq_support/277826-cannot_synchronize_or_return.html

Cannot synchronize or return
Thread poster: NancyLynn
NancyLynn
NancyLynn
Canada
Local time: 20:49
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...

Nov 17, 2014

I have MemoQ 2014 version 7.0.66 translator pro on Windows 8.1.

the translation is complete; however I can't submit or synchronize, as there is no connection to the remote server. MemoQ advises that I check my network connection.

However everything else is fine, as you can see, I'm posting, receiving e-mails, etc.

What do I need to do to fix this error please?

Karin Seelhof
Karin Seelhof  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:49
Member (2006)
English to German
+ ...
Contact your agency Nov 17, 2014

If you are working with a remote server (probably the server of your agency) and this server is (temporarily) down, you won't be able to connect. I once had this case and tried again and again until I gave up and asked the agency for help. They told me that the server was down. 1 hour later I could complete the job without any problems.

NancyLynn
NancyLynn
Canada
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...

TOPIC STARTER
Silence Nov 17, 2014

Thank you, Capesha. This may also explain the silence at their end - I haven't received a replyl to my e-mails on this matter.

NancyLynn
NancyLynn
Canada
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...

TOPIC STARTER
Power outage Nov 17, 2014

Thanks again for taking the time to reply. I'll leave this thread here for future reference. The client agency just wrote me to tell me they had a lengthy power outage in their area, and now that they're back up and running, the project has been submitted.

Caspar van Vark
Caspar van Vark
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:49
Dutch to English
Project won't synchronise Mar 29, 2023

Resurrecting this old thread because I'm having the same problem. I have two projects with an agency, and one of them will synch but the other won't.

I'm trying to deliver a completed translation but when I do, I get the "delivering document" box and it just hangs there, with no progress. It says "synchronizing documents with the server - in progress...." with nothing happening. I don't know how I'm going to return this translation.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot synchronize or return

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »