Upgrading from MemoQ 2014 to MemoQ 2014 R2
Thread poster: Michael Kazakov

Michael Kazakov  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 19:24
English to Russian
+ ...
Dec 13, 2014

Hi all,

I read the "Client upgrade guide (memoQ 2014 - 2014 R2, English)" and I still have a question regarding the upgrade process:

Should I uninstall my current version (MemoQ 2014 Pro) before running the upgrade?

I downloaded the installation file and I noticed that the installation uses a new directory ("memoQ-2014-R2") as opposed to the current version ("memoQ-2014"). This is also reflected in the client upgrade guide (section 4).

If I continue and R2 is installed in the new directory, what happens to the files in memoq-2014 directory? Is there a cleanup procedure at the end of installation?

I don't like idea of having two separate folders for what essentially is the same program.

What is the correct and most reasonable procedure if I want to have a single most current version of the program? (2014 R2 in this case).


 

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:24
Finnish to French
My advice Dec 13, 2014

Michael Kazakov wrote:
Should I uninstall my current version (MemoQ 2014 Pro) before running the upgrade?

I would keep both (2014 + 2014 R2), since memoQ has no problem having multiple versions installed side-by-side. If you encounter whatever problem with the new version, you can always switch back to the older one (in the case of 2014 vs. 2014 R2, nearly everything is compatible). Once you're confident 2014 R2 meets all your needs, you can uninstall the older version.
Michael Kazakov wrote:
I downloaded the installation file and I noticed that the installation uses a new directory ("memoQ-2014-R2") as opposed to the current version ("memoQ-2014").

Yes, that's the way memoQ works, precisely for the purpose of letting multiple versions cohabit.
Michael Kazakov wrote:
If I continue and R2 is installed in the new directory, what happens to the files in memoq-2014 directory? Is there a cleanup procedure at the end of installation?

Nothing happens: they stay there. If/when you decide to uninstall the older version, you can do so via the standard Windows procedure (Control Panel) and the directory will be removed.
Michael Kazakov wrote:
I don't like idea of having two separate folders for what essentially is the same program.

Well, no big deal IMO.
Michael Kazakov wrote:
What is the correct and most reasonable procedure if I want to have a single most current version of the program? (2014 R2 in this case).

Uninstall 2014 (via Control Panel), then install 2014 R2.


 

Zeki Güler  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 17:24
Member (2012)
English to Turkish
+ ...
I can't upgrade to 2014 R2 Dec 13, 2014

I bought MemoQ 2013 in March 2014. I upgraded it to MemoQ 2014 easily when it was released.
Now I again clicked to upgrade to 2014 R2 but cant see it on my computer. Still, I only see 2013 R2 and 2014 on my desktop but not 2014 R2. What should I do now?
Best,


 

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:24
Finnish to French
Download the installer Dec 13, 2014

Zeki G. wrote:
What should I do now?

Download the installer for 2014 R2:

https://www.memoq.com/translation-products/get-memoq/downloads


 

Michael Kazakov  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 19:24
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
@ Dominique Dec 14, 2014

Dominique Pivard wrote:
Nothing happens: they stay there. If/when you decide to uninstall the older version, you can do so via the standard Windows procedure (Control Panel) and the directory will be removed.


OK, I get the general idea.

Thanks for the tips!icon_smile.gif


 

Zeki Güler  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 17:24
Member (2012)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Yes, it worked, thanks Dominique Dec 17, 2014

Dominique Pivard wrote:

Zeki G. wrote:
What should I do now?

Download the installer for 2014 R2:

https://www.memoq.com/translation-products/get-memoq/downloads


 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Upgrading from MemoQ 2014 to MemoQ 2014 R2

Advanced search






PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search