https://www.proz.com/forum/memoq_support/279130-memoq_improvement_suggestion_simultaneous_ctrl_k_ctrl_f3.html

MemoQ improvement suggestion simultaneous ctrl K - Ctrl F3
Thread poster: Michel4632
Michel4632
Michel4632
Local time: 18:25
Dec 13, 2014

Hello,

Please continue to put focus on improving the productivity of the translation process itself.
Whatever you do on the improvement on the project management side will remain marginal compared to incremental improvement of the translation productivity, where most of the time is spent.

One small (but useful) improvement I would suggest (maybe it exist, but then let me know how I have to do it !), would be to offer the possibility to launch simultaneously a conc
... See more
Hello,

Please continue to put focus on improving the productivity of the translation process itself.
Whatever you do on the improvement on the project management side will remain marginal compared to incremental improvement of the translation productivity, where most of the time is spent.

One small (but useful) improvement I would suggest (maybe it exist, but then let me know how I have to do it !), would be to offer the possibility to launch simultaneously a concordance search (ctrl-K) and a web search (ctrl-F3).

Indeed, most of the time, I start with a concordance search. Very often, there is no useful match in the TM, then I have to go back to the translation pane, reselect (or at least, re-right click) ont the searched terms, and launch a web search.

It would save a fraction of time - but repeated thousands of times per week - if I could launch the two searches simultaneously.

Kind regards
Michel
Collapse

Jean Lachaud
Jean Lachaud  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:25
English to French
+ ...
Good idea Dec 13, 2014

I also support your request for improvement in productivity, as opposed to the management side.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MemoQ improvement suggestion simultaneous ctrl K - Ctrl F3

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »