Concordance search in all TMs
Thread poster: John Fossey

John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 14:12
Member (2008)
French to English
Jan 16, 2015

Is there any way when running a concordance search to include all the TMs in the search, not just the currently active TM? Wordfast does this and it's immensely useful when you can recall that you translated a certain phrase in the past but can't remember where and it wasn't in the current TM.

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 22:12
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Enable several of them Jan 16, 2015

I think that Concordance will show results of any memory you have enabled in the Translation Memories pane. The segments you produce are only stored in the "Working" memory (and the "Master" memory if you have a separate one, when you confirm the files as delivered), but all enabled memories are used in the translation result search and the concordance.

Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:12
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
TMLookup Jan 16, 2015

John Fossey wrote:

Is there any way when running a concordance search to include all the TMs in the search, not just the currently active TM? Wordfast does this and it's immensely useful when you can recall that you translated a certain phrase in the past but can't remember where and it wasn't in the current TM.

Yes, there is. Use TMLookup icon_wink.gifhttp://www.farkastranslations.com/tmlookup.php (open source + free)

I can currently search through a huge folder of TMXs totalling 30 million TUs in TMLookup, and most searches take no more than 1–2 seconds! There is no way to do this in memoQ, or any other CAT tool for that matter (and believe me, I've tried).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Concordance search in all TMs

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search