Concordance search in all TMs
Thread poster: John Fossey

John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 21:52
Member (2008)
French to English
Jan 16, 2015

Is there any way when running a concordance search to include all the TMs in the search, not just the currently active TM? Wordfast does this and it's immensely useful when you can recall that you translated a certain phrase in the past but can't remember where and it wasn't in the current TM.

Direct link Reply with quote

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 03:52
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Enable several of them Jan 16, 2015

I think that Concordance will show results of any memory you have enabled in the Translation Memories pane. The segments you produce are only stored in the "Working" memory (and the "Master" memory if you have a separate one, when you confirm the files as delivered), but all enabled memories are used in the translation result search and the concordance.

Michael Joseph Wdowiak Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:52
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
TMLookup Jan 16, 2015

John Fossey wrote:

Is there any way when running a concordance search to include all the TMs in the search, not just the currently active TM? Wordfast does this and it's immensely useful when you can recall that you translated a certain phrase in the past but can't remember where and it wasn't in the current TM.

Yes, there is. Use TMLookup

http://www.farkastranslations.com/tmlookup.php (open source + free)

I can currently search through a huge folder of TMXs totalling 30 million TUs in TMLookup, and most searches take no more than 1–2 seconds! There is no way to do this in memoQ, or any other CAT tool for that matter (and believe me, I've tried).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Concordance search in all TMs

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search