Segment validation on MemoQ new user
Thread poster: Estellah

Estellah
Benin
Local time: 10:57
English to French
Jan 25, 2015

Hello dear all. It's the first time i'm using MemoQ. Please can you tell me how to confirm a translated segment? I have tried to do it but the segment still marking 0% and it's green. Is it correct? As it tje first time i'm using this cat tool and i don't use any termbase or TM. Thank you for your help..Wating for feedback

Direct link Reply with quote

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Yes, that is correct! Jan 26, 2015

The percentage shows 0% because memoQ did not find anything in the translation memory that could help you translate the new segment. When you translate a similar segment, memoQ will find your previous translation in the memory and will add it to the translatrio grid so that you can edit it and confirm it again. The percentage shown indicates how similar a new sentence is to other sentences already stored in the memory as you advance in the translation. The higher the percentage shown, the more similar the sentences are. As you translate and confirm each segment, you will see a green check mark alongside the percentage number. This indicates that your translation of that segment is stored in the translation memory.

It would do no harm, and actually lots of good, to learn more about how memoQ works. In memoQ's website you will find a page with videos and guides to help you understand memoQ and get the most of it. Have a look at this page.

Good luck!

Estellah
Benin
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jan 26, 2015

Thanks a lot for your help...it is verry helpful for me.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Segment validation on MemoQ new user

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search