Wordcount - New Segments Similar To Each Other
Thread poster: Vadim Shirkozhukhov

Vadim Shirkozhukhov
Russian Federation
Local time: 23:29
English to Russian
Jan 30, 2015

I'm trying to find a way to count new segments in more meaningful way. I'm currently using MemoQ 2014. The problem with the wordcount is that the program counts every new segment (all of them) as new even if these segments are very similar to each other.
As a simplified example, assuming I have a file with two just two segments (not in the TM):
"He is a certified public accountant in the US. She is a certified public accountant in the US, too."
The wordcount would count these as two new segments even if normally the second segment is a 80-90% fuzzy match. Is there a way to get this kind of statistical information, which would be very useful to evaluate time requirements for large projects?

Mikhail Kropotov  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Member (2005)
English to Russian
+ ...
Homogeneity Jan 31, 2015

Simply select the Homogeneity check-box when you run statistics.

Vadim Shirkozhukhov
Russian Federation
English to Russian
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Feb 2, 2015

Great advice! Thanks a lot!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordcount - New Segments Similar To Each Other

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search