gultekinmurat
gultekinmurat  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 02:57
English to Turkish
+ ...
Feb 28, 2015

Hi!

I have experienced a trouble when working with a SDL xliff file (Trados Stutio 2014) in memoQ 2014.

Upon translating the file, memoQ gives an error message and does not export the file. The error message below.

What should I do to remedy the problem and export the file? I am writing here hoping to get help from a friend who had similar experience, for which I would be very gratefull, since this is a serious problem for me that I should solve as soon a
... See more
Hi!

I have experienced a trouble when working with a SDL xliff file (Trados Stutio 2014) in memoQ 2014.

Upon translating the file, memoQ gives an error message and does not export the file. The error message below.

What should I do to remedy the problem and export the file? I am writing here hoping to get help from a friend who had similar experience, for which I would be very gratefull, since this is a serious problem for me that I should solve as soon as possible.

Thanks & Kind Regards

--------------------

TYPE:
System.Exception

The XML markup is not well-formed, no closing tag found for a g tag in trans-unit representing rows 1479-1480.

SOURCE:
MemoQ.Project

CALL STACK:
konum: MemoQ.Project.TranslationDocImportExport.LocalExportController.b__e(ExportUnitBase eu)
Collapse

gfichter
gfichter  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 19:57
English
+ ...
Check the TU Feb 28, 2015

Is it safe to assume you checked that translation unit for missing tags? If so, try deleting it. The error message seems pretty specific.

George

gultekinmurat
gultekinmurat  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 02:57
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem with exporting an SDL XLIFF file in memoQ 2014 Mar 1, 2015

Dear George,

Thank you for your concern.

The reason for the problem is a missing tag, and I solved the problem.

Kind Regards
Murat

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with exporting an SDL XLIFF file in memoQ 2014

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »