Laetitia Chemin  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 02:42
Member (2009)
English to French
+ ...
Mar 20, 2015

Dear fellow translators,

I have just received files for proofreading under the format: .mqout my PM told me I can open the package into SDL Studio 2011 but it does not recognize them. Could you please give me some tips so that I can extract the memoQ files content and work with it in Studio? I do not have a license for MemoQ but could still use a trial version (but there is a great amount of files for this project and I don't know if the trial version from MemoQ can allow that).

Many thanks for all your help and inputs here!

Laetitia

Eric LINGO  Identity Verified
Germany
German to French
+ ...
Go with the trial version... Mar 20, 2015

Fortunately, the trial version of memoQ is fully fledged, i.e. it comes with no restrictions.
I'm not sure Trados would be capable of opening and processing .mqout packages.

Hope this helps!

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Maybe a couple of choices... Mar 20, 2015

... you could use the trial version of memoQ and export the files as bilingual files which you can handle in Stydio easily enough. Then import them back into memoQ and create the return package (or whatever it's called in memoQ).

Or... I reckon you could add a .zip to the end of the package and unzip it. My guess is that it will contain the xliff files inside so you could translate them in Studio. Then maybe just return the xliff files to your client?

Regards

Paul
SDL Community Support

Laetitia Chemin  Identity Verified
France
Member (2009)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Mar 20, 2015

I have downloaded a trial version of MemoQ and at least, I can view the file contents now. I will try exporting them as bilingual files and upload them back into SDL Studio since my project will run for more than a month and my MemoQ trial will then be over.
Looking at how MemoQ works and what it looks like, I really like it and will defo consider getting a license for it too soon,maybe by using the shared license from proz.com. But for now, I'm back onto Studio, which is still my favourite CAT tool so faricon_smile.gif
Thanks a lot for your great tips!

Laetitia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

HOw to open .mqout files package into SDL Studio 2011

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search