Thread poster: spela vintar

spela vintar
Slovenia
Local time: 01:35
English to Slovenian
+ ...
Apr 13, 2015

Dear all,

I have a technical question which I wasn't able to resolve myself: I have a large TM (created from TMX import) and a set of source files in .po format. When I create a project, add the TM and perform statistics the result is mostly No match, even if the TM contained translations for many segments. It is true that some segments in the bilingual .po file were already translated, but even these segments are shown as 0 % and are not considered as 100% matches by memoQ.

How can I resolve this problem and have statistics show real counts?

Many thanks for your advice,

Spela

Direct link Reply with quote

Eugenia Sánchez  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 20:35
Member (2005)
French to Spanish
+ ...
.po files are not easy to work with Apr 14, 2015

It could be related to special characters or tags in source file. In my experience (French to Spanish, so lots of special characters added to html tags), .po files are treacky. I suggest you to contact memoQ Support service directly.

Best luck!

Eugenia

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

memoQ wrong statistics / TM settings

Advanced search

PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search