Could MemoQ import and apply a termbase (.mdb) file by Transit NXT?
Thread poster: Nathan wong

Nathan wong  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 23:47
Member (2010)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Apr 16, 2015

Hello,
Now I'm working on a translation job, and the source files (.ppf) are created by Transit NXT, including a termbase (.mdb). I know how to import Transit NXT package into MemoQ, but I cannot take advantage of that termbase (.mdb).

I wonder if you have any solution to help me use that .mdb termbase in MemoQ?

Any help with this question would be much appreciated, thank you.

Direct link Reply with quote

VIP9N
Local time: 18:47
Russian to English
+ ...
No way Apr 16, 2015

Nathan wong wrote:
...have any solution to help me use that .mdb termbase in MemoQ?...

As far as I know (and I am not a Transit expert), the internal structure of files from Transit term module Star is not so simple. For example, you may read the discussion here: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/Termstar-XV-what-is-maximum-2460712.S.104647395

And to see this to evaluate that even the export from Transit mdb file is not an obvoius trick:
http://www.proz.com/forum/transit_support/175988-export_mdb_file_from_termstar_nxt.html

Probably, you should apply to your client, who gave you the translation, to export and send to you these contents (of mdb file) into a CSV or TXT file. Or, better put your question in this forum, but in Transit section.

Good luck to you.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Could MemoQ import and apply a termbase (.mdb) file by Transit NXT?

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search