Thread poster: MendozaK
MendozaK
France
Local time: 04:52
English to Spanish
+ ...
May 4, 2015

Hi everybody.

I'm tryng to align two document (spanish and engilsh) so I imported both and MemoQ aligned them but there are mistakes as usual. I'm trying to correct them and sometimes there are lines with information that will never find a match so I erase the information there, this information is usually names or dates that I don't need and as I said, there's no match in the other document. So I erase the words in this line and so the other, in row 5 let's say, so row 5 ends up empty. How do I erase this row? I want row 6 (which has useful information) becomes row 5!

Thanks in advance, I've been trying for hours and I haven't been able to find a solution! and I don't want my alignment document to end u with lots of empty rows because it confuses me and looks messy.

Direct link Reply with quote

Anthony Green  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 04:52
Italian to English
joint it or leave it, it's only an alignment May 6, 2015

hello Linda
I think you have two options. The tidier one is to join it with the previous line by hitting Ctrl-J.
The better one in my opinion is just to leave it. Once you have finished the alignment, you will never call up a blank line anyway, so you will never come across it. I presume you are leaving it in LiveDocs (the best and most flexible option) and not wasting hours turning it into a TMX or similar
HTH

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to erase a row in an alignment?

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search