International Translation Day 2017

Join ProZ.com/TV for a FREE event on September 26-27th celebrating International Translation Day! 50+ hours of content, Chat, Live Q&A & more. Join 1,000's of linguists from around the globe as ProZ.com/TV celebrates International Translation Day.

Click for Full Participation

The export failed because of incorrectly paired "hlink" tags
Thread poster: Capitaltrans
Capitaltrans
Local time: 07:59
May 14, 2015

Here is the error that shows when trying to export (dialog): The export failed because of incorrectly paired "hlink" tags. I tried all suggestions offered in one of the groups: Removing the codes completely, re-inserting them, copying the source into target. Nothing works. Besides, I do not see any errors in the segment indicated in terms of coding. It should have allowed to export the file after I copied the source to target but it does not.

Project is due today. Any suggestions are most welcome. Thank you in advance.

Lana

Direct link Reply with quote

Marc Cordes  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 14:00
English to German
+ ...
Format May 14, 2015

Hi Lana,

I haven't come across the same error yet but I hope the original file format of your projects' files is word (?)
If so and considering that your translation is safe and sound in the TM I would try to delete all files from the project, then go and convert all DOCX files to DOC or the other way round and re-import the whole content and then do a pretranslation via TM.

Please let me know if that was helpful.

Crossing fingers!

[Edited at 2015-05-14 21:04 GMT]

Capitaltrans
Local time: 08:00
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you May 15, 2015

Dear Marc,

Thank you so much for your response. I think it makes sense. I was able to contact Memo-Q support, and they were so kind to respond right away and actually send a clean file back to me. I am still to find out what the trick to fix this issue was. If and when I do, I will be sure to post it here.:)

Thank you again for your help.

Lana

Marc Cordes  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 14:00
English to German
+ ...
:-) May 15, 2015

No problem at all
Glad to hear you were able to sort it out!!

Mikhail Popov
Singapore
Local time: 20:00
Member (2015)
English to Russian
+ ...
Try to import different times May 15, 2015

Make several copies of your original file with different names (to keep the original document). Then no need to delete first file from the project. Try the following:

1. Import it, copy source to target, confirm without update and try to export. If failed, then:

1.1. Save DOCX as DOC (or DOC as DOCX) and try item 1.
1.2. Save as RTF and try item 1.
1.3. Select the whole text, apply SAME font, language, color etc. Language is important. Try item 1.

If export will succeed, then:

2.1. Pretranslate the file with your TM. Filter segments with source inline tags only. Copy source to target and confirm. Try to export. If export successfull, then you will have several segments and one of them causes problems. Check them one by one.

You can also try to split whole document into several smaller documents and try to import them. It usually helps with Excel documents

Capitaltrans
Local time: 08:00
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, Michael May 15, 2015

Thank you very much, Michael, for your helpful suggestions. Very nice people from Memo-Q were actually able to fix the file for me but I will keep this in mind if I run into this problem again, which is a good possibility, as there are more parts to this project.

Thank you for your help.

Kindest regards,

Lana

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

The export failed because of incorrectly paired "hlink" tags

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search