Thread poster: Maria Grazia Weiner

Maria Grazia Weiner  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:26
Member (2013)
English to Italian
+ ...
Oct 22, 2015

Recently I decided to use memoQ 2015 as my main CAT, in alternative to Studio (2014/2015). I imported my TMs and TBs (in .csv format) successfully. Until today, I had no problems with all projects for which I use my own TMs and TBs on the basis of the domain. However, today I just noticed that when working on my last project and invoking concordance, the concordance dialog is empty. The master and working TMs are both selected. When I searched for a term in the TM itself, the latest translation was correctly saved, but still the concordance dialog stays empty. I also checked my past projects in the same domain and using the same general TM and the concordance works correctly. What may I have done wrong in setting up the new project and why the concordance doen't show the entry despite the translation having been saved?
Thank you in advance for any suggestions from more expert users

[Edited at 2015-10-22 21:24 GMT]

Juan Perello  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 09:26
Member (2005)
Japanese to Spanish
+ ...
Uncheck the "Check in target" checkbox Oct 22, 2015

That usually happens when you unadvertedly have the "check in target" checkbox selected: you think you are looking for a word on the source text, but you are telling memoQ to check on the target.

It happened to me once icon_smile.gif

If is not checked, then it must be something else I don't know.

Good luck!

[Edited at 2015-10-22 21:31 GMT]

Maria Grazia Weiner  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:26
Member (2013)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Oct 23, 2015

Thank you so much, Juan. I really do not know why it was checked, as I never search in target. Your reply also made me realize that, contrary to Studio, concordance is not a general setting, but only project specific. This is why my other projects could access the TM and the latest did not.
Have a lovely weekend
Grazia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with Concordance dialog in memoQ 2015

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search