Christophe Delaunay
Christophe Delaunay  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 09:44
Spanish to French
+ ...
Dec 10, 2015

Hello all,

I've been working at the beginning of the week on a project which I cannot open anymore. The file is still in the memoq file in Documents and still appears in the list of documents available in Memoq but when I click on it, nothing happens. Only the titlle shows up on the top bar of the program! No error message either.

I just put a ticket at Kilgray support but I don't know how long it will take for them to answer.

I would really appreciate som
... See more
Hello all,

I've been working at the beginning of the week on a project which I cannot open anymore. The file is still in the memoq file in Documents and still appears in the list of documents available in Memoq but when I click on it, nothing happens. Only the titlle shows up on the top bar of the program! No error message either.

I just put a ticket at Kilgray support but I don't know how long it will take for them to answer.

I would really appreciate some help with this issue. First time I have a problem with this software

Many thanks in advance
Collapse

Christophe Delaunay
France
Spanish to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solved! Dec 10, 2015

Mismatch in the project file!

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 10:44
English to Russian
Would you be so kind as to Dec 11, 2015

give more details about your 'mismatch in the project file'.
What does it mean, what created the 'mismatch', and how you solved it?
Thank you.

Christophe Delaunay
France
Spanish to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Here it goes Dec 11, 2015

Hi Stepan,
The fact is I had two files with almost the same name. I put one in the bin thinking it was the second one. Then obviously I couldn't open the one I wanted. I thought about putting everything back (I had more projects in the bin) in the project folder and this solved my problem.
Maybe I shoudn't worry about the bin so much but since I have the TM and then I have the exported file, I usually don't care about the project anymore. Do you keep them all?
Thanx for your at
... See more
Hi Stepan,
The fact is I had two files with almost the same name. I put one in the bin thinking it was the second one. Then obviously I couldn't open the one I wanted. I thought about putting everything back (I had more projects in the bin) in the project folder and this solved my problem.
Maybe I shoudn't worry about the bin so much but since I have the TM and then I have the exported file, I usually don't care about the project anymore. Do you keep them all?
Thanx for your attention.
Collapse

John Fossey
John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 03:44
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
What I do Dec 11, 2015

I keep them all, as very occasionally after completing a job a client has come back a week or so later with another document that is the same project.

For the record, I had a licensing issue with memoQ yesterday and put in a support ticket. From the time I sent in the support ticket (by email) to the time a Kilgray support engineer had resolved the problem was 11 minutes! That's with me in Canada and support being in Hungary.

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 10:44
English to Russian
Thank you Christophe Dec 11, 2015

I think this information may be useful for someone else in the future.

RE: Do you keep them all?
If you ask me, I have only one project (foreign-to-native) for each client. Plus some of them (minority) ask me to do backward translations (native-to-foreign). Thus I have 10 to 12 'permanent' projects and I only delete files from them, but not the projects. This saves time because deleting/adding a file is much quicker than creating a new project for each next job.
*Except
... See more
I think this information may be useful for someone else in the future.

RE: Do you keep them all?
If you ask me, I have only one project (foreign-to-native) for each client. Plus some of them (minority) ask me to do backward translations (native-to-foreign). Thus I have 10 to 12 'permanent' projects and I only delete files from them, but not the projects. This saves time because deleting/adding a file is much quicker than creating a new project for each next job.
*Exception is SDL packages. They behave as individual projects, so I delete them from memoQ project list as soon as done.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Project won't open anymore in Memoq

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »