Importing several Transit or Studio packages into a single MemoQ project
Thread poster: Isabella Becker

Isabella Becker  Identity Verified
Brazil
Member (2005)
English to Portuguese
Jan 6, 2016

Hello to all,

I have MemoQ2015 and would like to know whether it is possible to import several Transit or Studio packages into one single MemoQ project.
I am constantly working with several small Transit packages and it would be much easier to have them all grouped into one single MemoQ project.

Does anybody have a suggestion/hint?

Greetings

Direct link Reply with quote

Hazel Underwood  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:35
Member (2005)
German to English
+ ...
Don't think that's possible Jan 7, 2016

I don't think that is possible sadly, but if you make sure you create a common TM for all and select it for each project at least you won't lose out on leverage...

You could always try asking Kilgray direct in case? They are usually very quick to reply!

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:35
Finnish to French
Suggestion Jan 8, 2016

Isabella Becker wrote:
I have MemoQ2015 and would like to know whether it is possible to import several Transit or Studio packages into one single MemoQ project.

I don’t think it’s possible, since a Transit/Studio package becomes its own project in memoQ (it’s not imported as a file into a "normal" memoQ project.
Isabella Becker wrote:
I am constantly working with several small Transit packages and it would be much easier to have them all grouped into one single MemoQ project.

Does anybody have a suggestion/hint?

What you could try is the following:

1. For each project obtained from a Transit/Studio package, create a view that includes all documents in the project (in case there are multiple documents)
2. Export that view as MQXLZ (bilingual memoQ XLIFF)
3. Create a new memoQ project and import all MQXLZ files into that project

You should now be able to treat this as a regular memoQ project, ie. use filters, views, global search & replace etc.

Once the entire project has been translated, export the translated individual MQXLZ files and reimport them back into their original projects.

No guarantee it would work (never tried), and whether the added productivity would compensate the extra work.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Importing several Transit or Studio packages into a single MemoQ project

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search