Hannah Burrow
Hannah Burrow  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:46
French to English
+ ...
Feb 14, 2016

Hi,

I have just this week begun using Dragon Professional Individual 14 as a result of carpal tunnel.

I have been using it in MemoQ with mixed results-sometimes it says "No speech available" or simply does nothing as I repeat myself over and over trying to make it convert my speech into text.

Does anyone have any suggestions for why this is happening?

I would ask Dragon but since they do not officially support MemoQ, I suspect they won't make
... See more
Hi,

I have just this week begun using Dragon Professional Individual 14 as a result of carpal tunnel.

I have been using it in MemoQ with mixed results-sometimes it says "No speech available" or simply does nothing as I repeat myself over and over trying to make it convert my speech into text.

Does anyone have any suggestions for why this is happening?

I would ask Dragon but since they do not officially support MemoQ, I suspect they won't make any suggestions for how I could potentially fix the issue.

Any help much appreciated!

Hannah
Collapse

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:46
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
First step is to try this: Feb 14, 2016

Go to: Tools > Options > Miscellaneous > (×) Use the Dictation Box for unsupported applications

...and make sure it is deselected.

Hannah Burrow
United Kingdom
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Many thanks - tried that - do you have any other suggestions? Feb 14, 2016

Thanks for the tip, which I have tried, but it is still playing up a bit, saying "No speech available" on occasion and then working on other occasions.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Kind regards,

Hannah

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:46
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Hmm Feb 15, 2016

This could be due to many things. It could also be your microphone, e.g.

Do you only have the problem in memoQ, or do you have it in other programs too?

The best place to find a solution to this problem is in the KnowBrainer forums @ https://www.knowbrainer.com/forums/forum/index.cfm?nocookies=yes
Specifically, in the "NaturallySpeaking S
... See more
This could be due to many things. It could also be your microphone, e.g.

Do you only have the problem in memoQ, or do you have it in other programs too?

The best place to find a solution to this problem is in the KnowBrainer forums @ https://www.knowbrainer.com/forums/forum/index.cfm?nocookies=yes
Specifically, in the "NaturallySpeaking Speech Recognition" forum @ https://www.knowbrainer.com/forums/forum/categories.cfm?catid=4&entercat=y

You might also try asking in the memoQ mailing list @ https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/memoQ/info

Michael

[Edited at 2016-02-15 09:47 GMT]
Collapse

Hannah Burrow
United Kingdom
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Will have a look at the forums Feb 15, 2016

Yes sometimes in Word (2016) but not as frequently as in MemoQ...I will have a look at the forums you mentioned

Thanks!

Hannah

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MemoQ 6.2 and Dragon Professional Individual 14

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »