Inline tag for Segmentation
Thread poster: Adrian Paul Ile
Adrian Paul Ile
Hungary
Local time: 23:07
Mar 1, 2016

Hello,

My question is: Can I use inline tags in the segmentation rules as a delimiter. Like for example the line break tag. After each tag like this I would like to split the segment. Maybe the segmenter doesn't sees inline tags, but I couldn't find any information regarding this.

I use MemoQ 2014 R2

Thank you,
Adrian Paul

Direct link Reply with quote

Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 00:07
English to Russian
Isn't it by default? Mar 3, 2016

I have this option by default (even forgot how inline tags look like).

If not, then try Document import settings.
'Import with options' -> select 'MS Word 2007+' -> 'Change filter and configuration' -> General tab -> Special characters section -> Soft break -> choose what fits best for you.
*The same applies to Tabs. If you still see (but do not want to see) tab tags in your Editor, then select 'Start new segment' for Tab.
** You can save this configuration to avoid defining it each time. Next time you 'Import with options', just select the as-saved configuration from 'Configuration' drop-down list (instead of 'default [read-only]')

http://kilgray.com/memoq/2015/help-en/index.html?microsoft_office_word_2007_doc.html

[Edited at 2016-03-03 08:10 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Inline tag for Segmentation

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search