How do I open a .rtf file with columns in memoQ 2015?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson

Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Mar 28, 2016

How do I open a .rtf file with the columns ID, English, Swedish, Comment and Status in memoQ 2015? However, I'd like to hide all columns but the Swedish one (after first having copied all source to target column), but it seems it's not possible in MS Word (only in Excel).

I tried this:

https://www.google.co.uk/#q=format%20as%20text%20in%20ms%20word%202007
http://www.proz.com/forum/memoq_support/219592-how_to_save_target_as_in_memoq.html

I don't get this Format option displayed though when I right-click, so I can't go further and change formatting, although I think it wouldn't help because probably the text would be opened anyway in memoQ.

I begin to like memoQ more and more (normally use SDL Trados Studio as most of my current customers require that), but I find it difficult to really get started with it. For example, I opened a Word file a while ago, began to translate and then wanted to save but didn't find any option for it. Export bilingual is grey shaded so for some reason I can't save as bilingual. And I clicked on Change export path (not grey shaded), but nothing happens. Also, to choose where to save my whole project seems not so straightforward as in Studio (I normally want to put it under MemoQ\Customer name\Project name).

So I wonder what the best handbook in PDF format there is to really get started and also for easy referencing during my initial period using it?

Direct link Reply with quote

Michael Joseph Wdowiak Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:42
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
memoQ 6 in Quick Steps by Kevin Lossner Mar 28, 2016

Hi Frederik,

It might be slightly outdated here and there (I think he might be updating it for memoQ 2015), but Kevin Lossner's "Quick Steps" series would probably be a good place to start: https://www.memoq.com/kilgray-blog/november-2012/book-review-memoq-6-quick-steps-by-kevin-lossner

Michael

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do I open a .rtf file with columns in memoQ 2015?

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search