Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 03:46
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Apr 14, 2016

Hello everyone

I'm translating a checked-out file in MemoQ 7.8.122 which has straight quotes in the text. When I start to type anything and my cursor is touching a word that touches a straight quote, MemoQ instantly changes that quote to a 9-shaped bottom curly quote. It changes this ["] to this [„]. I also can't type a normal quote -- when I try, MemoQ doesn't type a normal quote but types the 9-shaped bottom curly quote instead. My target language is set to Afrikaans (I assume) and we don't use bottom curly quotes in Afrikaans. How can I disable this bu^H^Hfeature?

Thanks
Samuel

Direct link Reply with quote

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 03:46
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Simple Apr 14, 2016

"Translation" ribbon, click "Translation Settings" to reveal "AutoCorrect," disable "Replace straight quotes with smart quotes". I think this should do it!

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to disable quote autocorrect in MemoQ

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search