Thread poster: Teresa Bento

Teresa Bento  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 23:06
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Apr 21, 2016

Dear colleagues,

I've been working with MemoQ for a little while and all I've been doing is server-based. I check out online files, synch them and deliver them to the client's server.

Now I got a new client and he provided me another login and license. So I accessed his server and checked out his project. However, (Murphy's law) my first client has also sent me an assignment.

My question is: how do I manage both licenses without getting everything mixed up?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Kind regards,
Teresa

Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Member (2014)
Danish to English
+ ...
I think it manages it itself Apr 21, 2016

Unless you run into a problem preventing you from working, I wouldn't worry about it in your place. MemoQ knows which licence matches which server.

Teresa Bento  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 23:06
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Is this normal...? Apr 27, 2016

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your reply.

When I'm trying to work with both licenses "on", I can see both my nicknames (login names provided by both clients) in MemoQ's main window. However, it's odd to see that in my MemoQ folder I find the files belonging to one client together with the nickname provided by the other client. Is this normal?

I went to Activation - ELM Credentials - Toggle ELM Property and managed to make MemoQ "forget" about one license while I am working for the second client. This way, only the correct nickname appears associated to the right files.

I wasn't able to accept work from the first client while I'm taking care of the second client's translation, though. There must be an easier way to manage both licenses but I still haven't figured that out. Can the clients to know that I'm logged in with two licenses?

Thomas T. Frost wrote:

Unless you run into a problem preventing you from working, I wouldn't worry about it in your place. MemoQ knows which licence matches which server.

Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Member (2014)
Danish to English
+ ...
Hm Apr 27, 2016

Have you looked through the "Claiming and Returning CAL Licenses" guide (memoQ_CAL_UserGuide) that you can download from Kilgray's site?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Question about managing licenses from different clients

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search