Thread poster: Teresa Bento

Teresa Bento  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 21:01
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Apr 21, 2016

Dear colleagues,

I've been working with MemoQ for a little while and all I've been doing is server-based. I check out online files, synch them and deliver them to the client's server.

Now I got a new client and he provided me another login and license. So I accessed his server and checked out his project. However, (Murphy's law) my first client has also sent me an assignment.

My question is: how do I manage both licenses without getting everything mixed up?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Kind regards,
Teresa

Direct link Reply with quote

Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Member (2014)
Danish to English
+ ...
I think it manages it itself Apr 21, 2016

Unless you run into a problem preventing you from working, I wouldn't worry about it in your place. MemoQ knows which licence matches which server.

Teresa Bento  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 21:01
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Is this normal...? Apr 27, 2016

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your reply.

When I'm trying to work with both licenses "on", I can see both my nicknames (login names provided by both clients) in MemoQ's main window. However, it's odd to see that in my MemoQ folder I find the files belonging to one client together with the nickname provided by the other client. Is this normal?

I went to Activation - ELM Credentials - Toggle ELM Property and managed to make MemoQ "forget" about one license while I am working for the second client. This way, only the correct nickname appears associated to the right files.

I wasn't able to accept work from the first client while I'm taking care of the second client's translation, though. There must be an easier way to manage both licenses but I still haven't figured that out. Can the clients to know that I'm logged in with two licenses?

Thomas T. Frost wrote:

Unless you run into a problem preventing you from working, I wouldn't worry about it in your place. MemoQ knows which licence matches which server.

Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Member (2014)
Danish to English
+ ...
Hm Apr 27, 2016

Have you looked through the "Claiming and Returning CAL Licenses" guide (memoQ_CAL_UserGuide) that you can download from Kilgray's site?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Question about managing licenses from different clients

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search