Kirsten Bodart
Kirsten Bodart  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:15
Dutch to English
+ ...
Jul 7, 2016

Hi team,

I updated my MemoQ2015 yesterday (I believe) and since then I've been having trouble with opening documents for translation if I switch projects.

Then I get the error message below and MemoQ stops working/crashes. Once I've opened it again, it works fine until I switch projects again. The error message only comes up when I actually open the doc, not the project. Double-clicking the doc to open or clicking the translate button doesn't make a difference.
... See more
Hi team,

I updated my MemoQ2015 yesterday (I believe) and since then I've been having trouble with opening documents for translation if I switch projects.

Then I get the error message below and MemoQ stops working/crashes. Once I've opened it again, it works fine until I switch projects again. The error message only comes up when I actually open the doc, not the project. Double-clicking the doc to open or clicking the translate button doesn't make a difference.

I first thought it was only the case for docs uploaded before the update, but it's not.

This is the error message:

TYPE:
System.InvalidOperationException

Failed to compare two elements in the array.

SOURCE:
mscorlib

CALL STACK:
at System.Collections.Generic.ArraySortHelper`1.BinarySearch(T[] array, Int32 index, Int32 length, T value, IComparer`1 comparer)
at System.Array.BinarySearch[T](T[] array, Int32 index, Int32 length, T value, IComparer`1 comparer)
at System.Collections.Generic.SortedList`2.IndexOfKey(TKey key)
at System.Collections.Generic.SortedList`2.TryGetValue(TKey key, TValue& value)
at MemoQ.Termbase.TBAddin.TBAddinManager.getEnginesForLanguages(LanguagePair lp)
at MemoQ.Termbase.TBAddin.TBAddinManager.doLookup(Object obj)
at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()
------------------ Inner exception ------------------

TYPE:
System.ArgumentException

At least one object must implement IComparable.

SOURCE:
mscorlib

CALL STACK:
at System.Collections.Comparer.Compare(Object a, Object b)
at System.Collections.Generic.ObjectComparer`1.Compare(T x, T y)
at System.Collections.Generic.ArraySortHelper`1.InternalBinarySearch(T[] array, Int32 index, Int32 length, T value, IComparer`1 comparer)
at System.Collections.Generic.ArraySortHelper`1.BinarySearch(T[] array, Int32 index, Int32 length, T value, IComparer`1 comparer)

SYSTEM INFORMATION:
MemoQ version : 7.8.154
OS version : 6.2.9200
OS architecture : 64-bit
Visible memory : 4006164
Free memory : 1358928
Processor : Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2328M CPU @ 2.20GHz
.NET version : v2.0.50727 SP2, v3.0 SP2, v3.5 SP1, v4, v4.0
Collapse

cetcheg
cetcheg
Local time: 23:15
English to Spanish
+ ...
Solution from memoQ support Jul 15, 2016

This was happening to me as well. I sent a message to memoQ support and this is what they indicated, and the problem disappeared.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for contacting Kilgray support.
Please go to Options, click the Terminology plugins category on the left.
Disable Perform terminology plugin lookups while working in the translation grid.
This is an issue that will be fixed in our next release (7.8.155), please make
sure to update.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem opening documents for translation since latest MemoQ2015 update

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »