Proofreading with Memo Q
Thread poster: Ileana Damaso

Ileana Damaso
Bolivia
Local time: 02:35
Chinese to Spanish
+ ...
Jul 7, 2016

I use the Memo Q for project managers and I would like to proofread a translation. I have 2 Word documents, one is the original in Spanish and te second one is the translated document, can I proofread it side by side using Memo Q?. I would appreciate a simple explanation o how to do that if you have the time since the Memo Q webinar on proofreading is 50 something minutes long. Thank you in advance.

[Edited at 2016-07-08 00:38 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Mikhail Popov
Singapore
Local time: 14:35
Member (2015)
English to Russian
+ ...
Align then proofread Jul 8, 2016

If translation has been done without memoQ and there is no bilingual document, then you should create a bilingual document at first. You have to load both document in memoQ LiveCorpus and check automatic alignment segment by segment. Make some corrections, if required. It could be a lot of corrections, if document has a complex formatting.

If translation has been done in memoQ, you should ask translator to send you the bilingual document in XLIFF format. Not the final translated Word version.

After that you can do proofreading. I personally don't use special "proofreading options" in memoQ. I'm just reading the text, making corrections and exporting it as a bilingual document. Then translator imports the document, look for my changes and approve all segments to update his own translation memory.

Done.

[Редактировалось 2016-07-08 11:41 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Proofreading with Memo Q

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search