spamalot
Germany
Local time: 12:17
Member (2009)
German to English
+ ...
Jul 14, 2016

Hi all,
I have been reading various threads on the issue of auto-converting dates and having them auto-suggested in MemoQ like I'm used to from Trados. I did not really understand them - also copying the answers is not possible because I have the following problem:
I'm trying to get MemoQ to auto-suggest dates from DE into US EN. I do not understand why a user is supposed to "program" that and/or what the programming code structure would be like.
I have the same problem from DE into UK EN where I prefer the dashes instead of the dots.
I have told MemoQ to auto-replace the number format for the "English Group" dots for commas and commas for dots but there is no thingy for dates - why is this so hard?
Does anyone have any suggestions?
THANKS!
Spamalot

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Explanation for an Idiot on how to handle date conversion in MemQ

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search