Thread poster: Natalya Zelikova

Natalya Zelikova  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 15:41
Member (2003)
English to Russian
+ ...
Jul 15, 2016

I am reviewing my translation after it has been proofread, and sometimes I would like to partially accept the changes, i.e. introduce new phrasing or keep my previous translation while keeping some of the proofreader's changes in the same segment. Is it possible to make the client see, which part was introduced by me, what exactly has been accepted or rejected (something like in Word, where user's name is put for every change)? So far I can only see the Accept/Reject options for the whole segments.
Thanks in advance.

Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 16:41
English to Russian
Try Toggle Track Changes option Jul 18, 2016

I never had such a task, but I presume you can try fiddling with the Toggle Track Changes option. 'Against Last Received Version' I guess...
It shows you the difference between the version you received from your editor and the version you have after you accept/reject changes.

[Edited at 2016-07-18 04:28 GMT]

Natalya Zelikova  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 15:41
Member (2003)
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
... Jul 18, 2016

Thank you, Stepan. Now it sounds obviousicon_smile.gif Then I think my client is aware of this, and will see exactly what I have changed.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Accepting/Rejecting proofreader's changes

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search