Importing .tbx file
Thread poster: Ayano Murofushi-Arno
Ayano Murofushi-Arno
Ayano Murofushi-Arno  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 22:48
English to Japanese
Sep 7, 2016

I am completely new to MemoQ so I apologise if this has been asked many times before.

I have a .tbx file I received from a client that I'd like to use, but every time I select the 'Import terminology' option I get an error message saying 'There is no license to use the function you chose'.

I am indeed using the Free version of Memoq at the moment and I am gussing I am required to purchse the Pro version in order to use this function. However, when I checked the MemoQ
... See more
I am completely new to MemoQ so I apologise if this has been asked many times before.

I have a .tbx file I received from a client that I'd like to use, but every time I select the 'Import terminology' option I get an error message saying 'There is no license to use the function you chose'.

I am indeed using the Free version of Memoq at the moment and I am gussing I am required to purchse the Pro version in order to use this function. However, when I checked the MemoQ website (the page explainig different features available for different versions of the software), it says that importing glossary from Excel/TBX/Multiterm is available with the Free version.

Am I missing something here?

Any help/advice greatly appreciated!
Collapse

esperantisto
esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:48
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Not really Sep 7, 2016

ayanohannah wrote:

However, when I checked the MemoQ website (the page explainig different features available for different versions of the software), it says that importing glossary from Excel/TBX/Multiterm is available with the Free version.

I wonder, where you got it from, when the site clearly says about the free version:
You can also not do the following:

Add previously created translation memories or term bases to your project

Ayano Murofushi-Arno
Ayano Murofushi-Arno  Identity Verified
United States
English to Japanese
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Sep 7, 2016

... for your quick reply!

If you could look at this page:
https://www.memoq.com/translation-products/versions-and-pricing/version-comparison/individual-use

"Import glossary from Excel, TBX, Multiterm" under 'Terminology" has a green tick in the far left column which is for the free version.

Bu
... See more

https://www.memoq.com/translation-products/versions-and-pricing/version-comparison/individual-use

"Import glossary from Excel, TBX, Multiterm" under 'Terminology" has a green tick in the far left column which is for the free version.

But then again, maybe I am missing/misunderstanding something. I guess I just need to bite the bullet and purchase the Pro version.
Collapse

Jean Lachaud
Jean Lachaud  Identity Verified
United States
English to French
+ ...
So, there is a mistake Sep 7, 2016

That really is a question for MemoQ, but one may venture that the feature table in question is wrong on that issue.

ayanohannah wrote:

But then again, maybe I am missing/misunderstanding something. I guess I just need to bite the bullet and purchase the Pro version.

esperantisto
esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:48
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
OmegaT Sep 7, 2016

ayanohannah wrote:
I guess I just need to bite the bullet and purchase the Pro version.

MemoQ is a good program, no doubt, but it is not the only one that supports TBX glossaries. For example, OmegaT, a free program, supports them too.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Importing .tbx file

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »