Terms missing on the source segment, I cannot fix it!
Thread poster: kyolic
kyolic
Turkey
Sep 11, 2016

Ok please have a look at this:

You see that words "pursued", "social", "protection", "reforms" and " reforms" are not highlighted blue which means they are not present in the termbase. However this is totally wrong because they are all there. Here are two examples proving this:

They are all present in the term base and have more than enough correspondence there.

Can anyone please tell me why they are not recognized on the source segment?

Thanks in advance.

Direct link Reply with quote

Christophe Delaunay  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 06:42
Member (2011)
Spanish to French
+ ...
Memoq hotline Sep 12, 2016

Did you contact them? They are quite quick to respond. Then come back here and tell us what they told you

MaxOO
Japan
Example Sep 12, 2016

Hello,

As far as I can understand from the screenshots, "be pursued" (TB entry) is not a match for "pursued" (source sentence) because of it having "be." You need to change TB entry "be pursued" to "pursued" (or "pursue" with 50% prefix matching selected).

"social": memoQ highlights "so," which means there is TB entry "so" and it is in a TB with a higher priority over the one in which "social" is present.

"social protection reforms": If this three-word phrase is already in a TB, it is possible that neither "social," "protection" nor "reforms" are recognized separately because a higher-priority match for "so" has been found. If this is the case, when "so" is removed from the TB or the priority of the TB containing it is lowered, "social protection reforms" should be highlighted.

You can check if my reply is correct by clicking on the "Eye" icon at the top of the translation results pane; you can see all the matches, including those hidden by default.

[Edited at 2016-09-12 18:36 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Terms missing on the source segment, I cannot fix it!

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search