Thread poster: Kathleen Misson
Kathleen Misson
Kathleen Misson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 10:07
Member (2009)
Spanish to English
Sep 12, 2016

My project has hundreds of xliff files with a small amount of text in each one. Is there a way to spell check the entire project, rather than each file individually? Thank you.

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Create a view Sep 12, 2016

If your project is local (not a memoQ server-based project) I think I would create a View with all the files, and then run the spellchecker.

To create a view, in the Translations pane (the list of files), select all files, choose Create view in the Documents ribbon, assign the view a name and use the option "Simply glue documents together". This creates a view you can open and process as a single file.

When you are finished, you can simply delete the view. The files are
... See more
If your project is local (not a memoQ server-based project) I think I would create a View with all the files, and then run the spellchecker.

To create a view, in the Translations pane (the list of files), select all files, choose Create view in the Documents ribbon, assign the view a name and use the option "Simply glue documents together". This creates a view you can open and process as a single file.

When you are finished, you can simply delete the view. The files are updated whenever you make a change in the view. Please remember that, if you have Propagation enabled, it will affect all files in the view (anything that is repeated in the view will be propagated).

Does this help?
Collapse

Kathleen Misson
Kathleen Misson  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2009)
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Wow!!! Sep 12, 2016

That is such a handy, helpful feature. You have saved me many hours work, very grateful, thank you.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Spellcheck an entire project

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »