Anyone know why my translator says she doesn't get the same QA results as mine?
Thread poster: darrenjansen
darrenjansen
United States
Local time: 04:06
Sep 21, 2016

So I ran QA on memoQ and found lots of inconsistent translations. I asked my translator about it, and she said that she doesn't see those quality assurance errors. Has this happened to other people? Is she perhaps doing something wrong, or is there a problem with the way things are set up?

Direct link Reply with quote

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 10:06
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Yes, it can depend on settings Sep 21, 2016

Yes, I think it does depend on the settings. She could have disabled the setting to check for inconsistent translations.

You/she can check in: Settings - QA Settings - (Select the settings that are enabled) - Edit - Consistency tab - Verify that identical segments are translated consistently). If the default settings are enabled, I think this checkbox is enabled by default. The situation you describe could exist if one of you is not using the default settings.

darrenjansen
United States
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Sep 22, 2016

That's true. That could be the problem. I'll check with her to see if that is the case.

Thanks a lot

darrenjansen
United States
TOPIC STARTER
QA settings are the same Sep 26, 2016

Well, unfortunately it turns out it's not that easy. We had our linguist send us a screenshot of her QA settings. It turns out that she has the same QA settings checked as we do. These QA settings are hosted on our client's server.

This is really strange. Anyone have similar experiences? Any idea what might be happening?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Anyone know why my translator says she doesn't get the same QA results as mine?

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search