Thread poster: Jean-Christophe Duc
Jean-Christophe Duc
Jean-Christophe Duc  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 09:34
English to French
+ ...
Sep 21, 2016

Hi, how do I copy a subset of segments from MemoQ to spellcheck them in Word for instance?

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Create a view and export as bilingual RTF Sep 21, 2016

My suggestion (there could be other methods):

You can easily create a view (with the option to create a view from a range of segments), and then do an Export (Bilingual) to a RTF file from the view. This creates a RTF file containing a table which you can spellcheck in Microsoft Word (or a different word processor). After spellchecking, you can easily re-import the strings so that the corrections made in Word land in your file in memoQ.

When you are finished, simply del
... See more
My suggestion (there could be other methods):

You can easily create a view (with the option to create a view from a range of segments), and then do an Export (Bilingual) to a RTF file from the view. This creates a RTF file containing a table which you can spellcheck in Microsoft Word (or a different word processor). After spellchecking, you can easily re-import the strings so that the corrections made in Word land in your file in memoQ.

When you are finished, simply delete the view. Your original segments will be updated automatically.

(Do not hesitate to ask if you cannot find the right commands.)
Collapse

Jean-Christophe Duc
Jean-Christophe Duc  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Sep 21, 2016

that worked!

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Great! Sep 21, 2016

Smashing. I am glad it helped. Views are magic sometimes!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Copying n number of segments

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »