boostrer  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:10
Member (2007)
English to Russian
+ ...
Sep 22, 2016

Hi,

I have received my translation after it was edited (bilingual RTF table and MQXLZ file). How can I compare these texts? I am working offline. MemoQ 2013.

It looks like MemoQ does have this option, but I cannot figure out how I can use it.

Thank you!

Johan Kjallman  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:10
Member (2008)
Italian to Swedish
+ ...
Reimport and activate Track Changes Sep 23, 2016

Hi,

assuming that your workflow is the following:

You translate in memoQ
Export the finished translation into either two-column RTF or mqxlz and send it to the reviewer
Receive the same RTF/mqxlz file with the reviewer's changes

Then you can reimport the bilingual document into your project, e.g. by using Drag&Drop and clicking Ok when memoQ asks if you want to upgrade the document. Then select Toggle track changes -> Against Last Delivered Version from the Translation menu.

Hope that helps

BR/Johan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Comparing translated and edited MemoQ texts

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search