Thread poster: Elif Baykara Narbay

Elif Baykara Narbay  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 20:44
German to Turkish
+ ...
Oct 1, 2016

Hello to all,

this topic may have been discussed here but I couldn't find a clue.

My source file is in Word format and I have imported it into memoQ (2015). When I finish the translation, I will send back the word file to my client. There are some words which I want to highlight with yellow color (the way we do in Word) but this should NOT be in form of a comment. I need the yellow highlights to be present in the final word file. I prefer to perform this task in memoQ as it is a rather long file.

I guess that I have to add some kind of tag (I used to add tags for highlighting in Studio 2011). But I cannot find which tag and how to insert it. Is there a solution in memoQ? Or is it an unfortunate limitation?

Thanks in advance,
Elif

gfichter  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:44
English
+ ...
KB article in inserting tags Oct 1, 2016

Hi! See this link: http://kb.memoq.com/article/AA-00470/0/Adding-a-new-inline-tag.html
You may need to add a standard tag like bold or bold condensed, and then search/replace in the exported file. You might also try an experiment by adding a yellow highlight in a word document, and see what the tag looks like when you import the file.
In either case I think this would solve your problem.
Good luck,
George

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Highlighting a word in a segment

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search