Trados Studio 2015 tmx is not importing correctly to MemoQ
Thread poster: EL Cavanaugh

EL Cavanaugh
Member (2008)
English to Finnish
Oct 13, 2016

Hi important support staff!

I have encountered a challenge in my current MemoQ assignment.
I just bought MemoQ license and was doing translatin in Studio as it was more comfortable since I was in the middle of this assignment once I decided to buy the license. But now Trados Studio 2015 tmx is not importing correctly to MemoQ.

I emptied all translations from MemoQ and intended to export the clean latest tmx as the one was giving half translated sentences.

I created a new local memory, imported the new tmx with the option to optimize Trados entries for the best MemoQ matches (to get all the tags correctly), and pretranslate. And I get some mixed language sentences as if they are coming from the client´s memory - any advice?

Is there some machine translation possibly in the client´s memory that I am connected to via the server?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio 2015 tmx is not importing correctly to MemoQ

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search