Error when importing docx file
Thread poster: Profdoc
Profdoc
Local time: 11:47
Swedish to English
Oct 17, 2016

I get the following error message when I try to import a docx file to memoQ 6.2.11:

The process cannot access the file 'C:/[search path]/AppData/Local/Temp/tmp4905.tmp' because it is being used by another process.

The full details read as follows:

TYPE:
System.IO.IOException

The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\Mattias.Ekstam\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp126A.tmp' because it is being used by another process.

SOURCE:
mscorlib

CALL STACK:
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.File.Delete(String path)
at Kilgray.Utils.IOHelper.DeleteFileRetry(String path)
at MemoQ.DocConverters.OpenXML.Framework.CompatibilityMukupPreprocessor.ClearMarkupInFile(String xml)
at MemoQ.DocConverters.OpenXML.Framework.CompatibilityMukupPreprocessor.ClearMarkupInDirectory(String baseDirectory, SourceType sourceType)
at MemoQ.DocConverters.OpenXML.Framework.OpenXMLFramework.OpenDocument()
at MemoQ.DocConverters.DOCX.DOCXConverter.OpenDocument(String filePath)
at MemoQ.DocConverterFramework.CharacterBasedConvertController.ImportDocument()

The file is not open in Word or any other program. It was originally version controlled using Subversion/Tortoise but I have tried copying the file to my desktop to remove it from version control, but that didn't work. I have also tried deleting the tmp file but apparently it is replaced by a new one. I suspect the tmp file might have something to do with Subversion's function for locking files for editing but I don't know for sure.

How do I solve this?

(The error message actually uses backslash instead of "/" but I replaced them since backslashes are not displayed in this forum. At least it looks that way when I click "Preview".)

Thanks!

[Edited at 2016-10-17 08:43 GMT]

[Edited at 2016-10-17 08:48 GMT]

[Edited at 2016-10-17 08:51 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Omer Shani
Israel
Local time: 12:47
Member (2012)
Open file elsewhere Oct 18, 2016

You get this error message, probably because your Word file is open elsewhere on your PC.

Please pay attention if it is open, and if so - close it before importing it

Have fun!

Omer

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error when importing docx file

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search