Why all of a sudden memoQ says I'm working in 4Free mode?
Thread poster: Jasmine_

Jasmine_  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2014)
English to Italian
+ ...
Nov 14, 2016

Hello,

The company I'm working for gave me the MemoQ license which I've successfully installed around 4 months ago. Now I've tried to create a new project and associate it to the TM I use for the projects related to this company, as usual, but this time it doesn't let me! It appears a pop up message saying that I'm using 'MemoQ in 4free mode and memoQ can only open projects with exactly one document and the corresponding translation memory'.

Do somebody know why all of a sudden says I'm working in free mode? I've always been able to associate the projects with the corresponding TM and I also need it as the project is full of repetitions.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Direct link Reply with quote

Meixia Jordan  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 14:36
English to Chinese
+ ...
reinstall MemoQ Nov 14, 2016

Hi there,
I experienced that same problem before and had to uninstall MemoQ first then reinstall it (you need to log in using the ELM license from your client). The problem should be solved after reinstallation.

United Kingdom
Member (2014)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
What about the other open projects? Nov 14, 2016

Thank you Meixia,

But I also have a big project going on in MemoQ at the moment. Will I lose it if I uninstall it?

Didem Doran  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 15:36
Member (2013)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Return the license and take it again Nov 14, 2016

Hi Jasmine,

I had the same problem a few weeks ago, and returning the license and taking it again did the trick for me.

Go to My memoQ > Activation
Select the invalid license and click Return ELM license
Then click Take ELM license, select the server and click OK.

Hope that helps!

United Kingdom
Member (2014)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
What about the open projects? Nov 14, 2016

Thanks Didem! Do you think this will leave all my projects as they are?

Meixia Jordan  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 14:36
English to Chinese
+ ...
Backup Nov 14, 2016

Jasmine_ wrote:

Thank you Meixia,

But I also have a big project going on in MemoQ at the moment. Will I lose it if I uninstall it?

Hi Jasmine,
I assume your project is stored in your client's MemoQ server and you can synchronize the project anytime, isn't it? Then you will not lose anything once you installed MemoQ again. To be certain you should also export a .xliff file or a .rft file as backup.
Hope it helps.

United Kingdom
Member (2014)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
What about the TMs? Nov 14, 2016

Thank you Meixia! No, unfortunately it's not stored in my client's server. So I will try to export the file as a backup...
And what about all the TMs that I've got? Will I lose them?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Why all of a sudden memoQ says I'm working in 4Free mode?

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search