Zeki Guler  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 02:41
Member (2012)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Nov 23, 2016

Dear Colleagues,

My client sent me a zip file containing Mqxlz/Mqout files (with .json and .xlsx docs) and I downloaded to my desktop and extracted. I will work offline to translate it.

When I click on "import package" in my MemoQ (7.5.63, 2014R2), I see the the zip file containing several mqxlz files to be translated, but when I click on it, I can't see its content, file looks as if it is an empty folder; so I couldn't import its contents.

What should I do?

Best

[Edited at 2016-11-23 23:24 GMT]

[Edited at 2016-11-24 00:19 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Annamaria Amik  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:41
Romanian to English
+ ...
Which file is empty? Nov 24, 2016

Zeki Guler wrote:
I see the the zip file containing several mqxlz files to be translated, but when I click on it, I can't see its content, file looks as if it is an empty folder

Which one looks empty? Does it look empty after you have imported this package? Meaning that this newly created project contains no files to be translated?

Normally, you should be able to open the mqout with the Translate a package button. It's a package that contains the files to translate and any resources your client added, such as translation memories, termbases, etc. Is any error message displayed while it is opening?

The mqxlz are the individual bilingual files. You should be able to import them like you would import any other file for translation, in any project you already have on your computer that has the same language combination.

There may be some issues with the package, but you should be able to open the mqxlz files anyway. Assuming that those are the files that need to be translated. You could try importing them in the project created from the mqout file (which is empty, if my understanding is correct).

[Edited at 2016-11-24 05:48 GMT]

Ireland
Member (2012)
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Nov 25, 2016

[Edited at 2016-11-25 19:52 GMT]

Ireland
Member (2012)
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Unable to import as a handoff package Nov 28, 2016

Thanks Annamaria,

Extracted files were in "mqxlz" (not mqout). I didn't see "mqout" at all. Should I've converted the format of the files?

Memoq was able to locate the folder as an empty folder. However, when I created s "new project", then it started to see the content of the file and I was able to import by selecting all of the content/mqxlz files individually. Not imported as a handoff package.

Error message was "file handling error"

Best,

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unable to import handoff package

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search