CJIoHuKu
Russian Federation
Local time: 06:57
English to Russian
+ ...
Dec 14, 2016

Hello, collegues.
The problem is as follows:
While playing around with Tbs I created one and after all I decided to delete it.
I clicked ONLY RIGHT MOUSE BUTTON on it ( IT IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!!). The TB became highlighted and I've chosen DELETE option from the menu. Wtihout any thought I pressed OK and all of a sudden I realised, that I have deleted NOT THE TB I WANTED TO DELETE!!!!!! After playing with options I realised that PRESSING RIGHT MOUSE BUTTON ON THE TB DOES NOT MAKE IT ACTIVE!!!! It just highlights it and THAT'S ALL!!! Your actions still influence on the TB activated the last time (by default the first TB in the list).
So, I have deleted 3 months of work. about 5-7 k terms.
And Now THE QUESTION:
Has anyone met the same problem? And if yes, then how can I restore deleted TB? Because 10 data recovery programs have found only a few of IndexXX.mtx and that's all.
I thank you in advance for any reliable suggestion.

Regards.

Direct link Reply with quote

Anthony Green  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 00:57
Italian to English
Do nothing till you hear from Support Dec 14, 2016

I would stop and do nothing.
Kilgray Support are brilliant at rescuing such situations, though I don't have a clue as to whether they can do anything here.

I presume from what you are writing that there were no backups made on a regular basis. If so, you are probably lioke 90% of translators. I think I'll just do back my TBs up myself after reading this cautionary tale

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Any suggestions on how to recover deleted TB

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search