How do I view the original document in memoQ 2015?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson

Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Jan 9

I want to be able to quickly view the original document I am translating at the moment, and wonder if there is any shortcut for that from the editing view? Or else, how do I download the original files from the server project I'm working on now? The purpose is to get more context by viewing each of the many different files separately.

There is some alternatives on the Project home page (right-click, Export, Export (stored patch)), but I'm not sure if I can use those.

Direct link Reply with quote

Elif Baykara  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 11:18
Member (2015)
German to Turkish
+ ...
view pane? Jan 9

You can view your documents in the view pane

1. if these source documents are originally in word, xml etc. simple formats - you can find a list of file formats in memoQ help menus.

2. if you have these word etc. source files in your project files, that is, you are the person who created the project.

I am not sure about the online projects but I assume that you would need a special permission to get access to such files and it is probably much easier to ask the client to send these files in word, pdf etc. formats.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do I view the original document in memoQ 2015?

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search