Thread poster: François Marcoux

François Marcoux
Canada
Local time: 17:24
Member (2016)
French to English
+ ...
Jan 24

Hi. After having to do a reinstall of Windows 10 (apparently after a Windows upgrade), I have reinstalled MemoQ 2015 and have restored my Memoq projects that I had backup on an external hard drive (manually and with File History), but cannot find the associated TMs to those projects. The TM ribbon is empty for any given project.
I have tried using the Import From TMX/CSV button, but there doesn't seem to be any TM in the back-up memoq project files. I assume they are somewhere, but how do I get to them? any help is greatly appreciated.

Direct link Reply with quote

Elif Baykara  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 00:24
Member (2015)
German to Turkish
+ ...
Run a search on Windows? Jan 24

I couldn't find the file extension for memoQ translation memories. But I guess that you can search for files having this extension using the search box in the start menu of windows. Then you can extract the path for these files.

Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 23:24
Member (2005)
English to Polish
+ ...
11th commandment Jan 25

François Marcoux wrote:

Hi. After having to do a reinstall of Windows 10 (apparently after a Windows upgrade), I have reinstalled MemoQ 2015 and have restored my Memoq projects that I had backup on an external hard drive (manually and with File History), but cannot find the associated TMs to those projects. The TM ribbon is empty for any given project.
I have tried using the Import From TMX/CSV button, but there doesn't seem to be any TM in the back-up memoq project files. I assume they are somewhere, but how do I get to them? any help is greatly appreciated.

11. Thou shalt make backup copies of thine translation memories in TMX format and upload them to the cloud.
Thou canst indeed re-create thine translation memories from project files, but pain shalt thou suffer in the process...

François Marcoux
Canada
Local time: 17:24
Member (2016)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
TMX files found Jan 25

Thank you Elif for your search reminder. I found the TMX files on my backup external hard drive in a different place than the memoq project files. I am now importing those files back into memoQ, however, the import function says the import wwas performed successfully, but I can't see it in the translation memories pane. Something else to try to figure out today

Thank you Piotr for that crucial reminder to make backup files, which I did, but just couldn't find them or import them properly.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

After a Windows 10 reinstall, I can find my backup projects, but not the TMs

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search