Segmenting after Tabs
Thread poster: alainabran

alainabran
Local time: 12:12
Spanish to English
Feb 16, 2017

Hi all,
I am trying to add a segmentation rule to memoQ to segment after tabs. I've tried adding "Tab." to the Simple view. I've tried adding both "Tab." and "\t" to the custom list for #end#. Neither worked. How would I write a regular expression to segment after tabs, or is there another method I can try to get memoQ to segment after tabs?
Thank you,
Alaina

Enote  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:12
Member (2007)
English to Russian
It was impossible Feb 16, 2017

A couple years ago I asked MemoQ support team, how can I segment the text by tabs. Unfortunately the answer was "it's impossible". So I use Ctrl-T instead...

Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:12
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
I think it should be relatively simple Feb 16, 2017

Have a look at this: http://www.proz.com/forum/memoq_support/298937-inline_tag_for_segmentation.html

… where Stepan Konev says:

If not, then try Document import settings.
'Import with options' -> select 'MS Word 2007+' -> 'Change filter and configuration' -> General tab -> Special characters section -> Soft break -> choose what fits best for you.
*The same applies to Tabs. If you still see (but do not want to see) tab tags in your Editor, then select 'Start new segment' for Tab.
** You can save this configuration to avoid defining it each time. Next time you 'Import with options', just select the as-saved configuration from 'Configuration' drop-down list (instead of 'default [read-only]')

http://kilgray.com/memoq/2015/help-en/index.html?microsoft_office_word_2007_doc.html

Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:12
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
instructions Feb 16, 2017

Basically, import a doc with" Import with options". Then click on "Change filter and configuration", and switch "Tab" to "Start new segment":

rzluut3jdijg5kfcqapc.png

alainabran
Local time: 12:12
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you for the suggestions! Feb 16, 2017

Thank you!

[Edited at 2017-02-16 20:06 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Segmenting after Tabs

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search