Processing Index Tokens from Adobe Framemaker in memoQ
Thread poster: Alaina Brantner

Alaina Brantner
United States
Local time: 09:25
Spanish to English
Feb 22, 2017

Hi all,

I'm processing a Framemaker manual with an index and tokens throughout the body copy linking back to the index. We've worked with a similar manual in the past, and had each of the tokens in the body copy translated and then had to manually verify that each was translated consistently so that we would not get any added dubplicate entries in the target index once re-generated. This added time to our review stage to manually check each of the tokens. Are there any filters available in memoQ that would allow for index tokens in inline copy to be excluded from the word count? Any other solutions for processing tokens efficiently?

Thank you,
Alaina

Direct link Reply with quote

CafeTran Training
Netherlands
Local time: 16:25
Create a Cascading filter Feb 26, 2017

Same advice as I gave you for translating the files in Studio, except for the fact that memoQ offers a built-in solution: Cascading filters, see:

http://kilgray.com/memoq/2015/help-en/add_cascading_filter_dialog.html?zoom_highlightsub=cascading

[Edited at 2017-02-26 09:29 GMT]

Alaina Brantner
United States
Local time: 09:25
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Unchecked "Import index markers" Feb 26, 2017

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

I clicked "Import with options" to bring the MIF files into memoQ, and then under "Change filter and configuration," I unchecked "Import index markers" and this excluded the index markers from the content for translation.

[Edited at 2017-02-26 21:56 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Processing Index Tokens from Adobe Framemaker in memoQ

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search