General problem with memoQ 2015
Thread poster: JMota

JMota  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 15:14
English to Spanish
+ ...
May 31

Hi,
I have a little problem with my copy of memoQ 2015 (version 7.8.161).
When I get a "handoff" from a client and I click on it, memoQ opens as usual, then I chose a carpet and the import process starts... but it doesn't finish. The green bar gets close to the end, but NOT to the end... The programme/system doesn't freeze or anything (I can cancel the process) but it doesn't go further that that. Therefore, it is very annoying, as I can't use the programme and I have to reject work from my (actually few) memoQ clients.
I've also noticed that the programme can't connect to servers, i.e. if I get a server address from a client, I cannot connect to it, the system says that the server it's not available. It could be that these two problems are related. I've also noticed that the update function doesn't work, as the programme can't connect to the update server.

Any hints would be appreciated.

(BTW, I'm using Windows 10)

Many thanks!

J.M.


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 15:14
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Big TMs? May 31

Usually this kind of long delays relates to big translation memories attached to the project and the long time needed for the TMs to be ported to your computer, especially if the customer has a low outgoing throughput. Have you simply tried to wait more and eventually ask your customer to supply the TM(s) in TMX format?

Another possibility is that your customer's memoQ Server is not the same version as your memoQ client. Most memoQ Servers must have moved on to memoQ Adriatic (8.0 or later). It might be wise to double-check with your customer what they are using.

If none of these is the cause, you might want to get in touch with Kilgray for help. They are usually very useful.


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Marc Cordes  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 15:14
English to German
+ ...
Identical problem (solved - read on) May 31

I had EXACTLY the same problem with unreachable servers and update service just yesterday. Even de- and reinstalling MemoQ 2015 didn't help. Then I checked my firewall settings. I had installed a firewall software a couple of days earlier and forgot to deactivate the Windows standard firewall. There were no conflicts up until the moment I chose to actively block MemoQ in that firewall software because I could not reach my customer's server because I forgot it moved to a new address (this block prevented the time out msg every time I confirmed a segment). When the job was done I took the block out of the list but still I could not reach any address. Only when I turned off the windows firewall everything worked again. Seems as if putting memoq on the blocklist of that software firewall also created an entry in the windows firewall which was not deleted when I deleted it in the software firewall shortly after.

Long story short: Try to disable any firewall program you are running. The fact that you can neither reach your client's server NOR the update service points towards a firewall or general connectivity issue. Maybe that also fixes the long loading times?

Hope that helps!


Direct link Reply with quote
 

JMota  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 15:14
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Jun 2

Thank you for the good tips.

@Tomás: The last project did contain a big TM, and it finally worked when I tried it later, although I had to wait for a long time. I'm also using an old version of the server, so I guess it's time for an update (once again... )

@Marc: In my system, the Windows Firewall ist run by the Norton Antivirus. I checked the Norton firewall settings and all memoQ programmes are allowed through it. I'm not sure if that was previously so, as I did deinstall and reinstall memoQ, which might have solved the problem, as I notice that I can now at least connect to the update server. I haven't tried any other servers yet, though I'm hopeful. I guess it would be wise to update to the latest version.

Best regards,

José


[Bearbeitet am 2017-06-02 07:10 GMT]

[Bearbeitet am 2017-06-02 07:39 GMT]


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Olly Pekelharing  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 15:14
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
Same problem Jun 2

I had the same problem yesterday and this morning too. Maybe a problem on the MemoQ side? I've submitted a support ticket and I'll let you know if I hear anything.

Regards,

Olly


Direct link Reply with quote
 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

General problem with memoQ 2015

Advanced search






Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search