Thread poster: BMarkiewicz

BMarkiewicz  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 22:52
Member (2005)
Polish to English
+ ...
Sep 11, 2017

MemoQ (any version) does not want to launch on my computer (Windows 10). After MemoQ 2015 froze during a translation, I restarted Windows. This usually resolves most issues, however neither version of MemoQ that I had (2013 or 2015) would open, I would only get a general error message with the following content:

TYPE:
MemoQ.Activator.ActivatorException

SOURCE:
MemoQ.Collector

CALL STACK:
em MemoQ.Activator.Activator.pInit(ProductGroups productGroup, Boolean tsManager, Edition requestedEdition)
em MemoQ.ActivatorStartupController.Initialize()
em MemoQ.MainWindow.Main(String[] args)

I am convinced this has to do with a corrupt file. I have tried deleting the Preferences.xml file in the Roaming folder as well with no success. Any advice would be appreciated!

John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 16:52
Member (2008)
French to English
Reinstall Sep 12, 2017

Have you tried uninstalling and then reinstalling? This will usually fix corrupted file problems. Be sure to create a restore point first.

indeedless
Russian Federation
Local time: 00:52
English to Russian
Try erasing C:\ProgramData\MemoQ Oct 8, 2017

Hello, just received the same kind of problem.

Simple uninstalling/reinstalling didn't work. So I've tried removing C:\ProgramData\MemoQ folder and reinstalled MemoQ.
Please let me know, if this works for you.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MemoQ does not launch - Activator version mismatch

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search