Thread poster: Yehua Jiang

Yehua Jiang
Germany
Local time: 19:59
Member (2015)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Sep 14, 2017

I just upgrade from 8.1 to 8.2 but the MT translation result doesn't show up in the translation result window. (with 8.1 it worked fine before). How can I get it back?

John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 13:59
Member (2008)
French to English
Order of lookup results Sep 14, 2017

8.2 as installed seems to change the order lookup results are presented, at least that's what I found. MT results are there but lower down. What I did was, go to Options (gear icon near the top left of the window) > Appearance > Lookup Results. Find MT and use the Move Up button to make it reappear.

Yehua Jiang
Germany
Member (2015)
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It's not just order Sep 14, 2017

It simply does not appear...the window is completely blank (if there are no other things like TM,TB)

[修改时间: 2017-09-14 18:42 GMT]

Yehua Jiang
Germany
Member (2015)
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I temperately switch back to 8.1 Sep 14, 2017

I downgraded to 8.1 on my main PC and got MT back.
On my laptop I still have 8.2 and hope this can be fixed soon. I really looked forward to 8.2 icon_frown.gif

[修改时间: 2017-09-14 19:59 GMT]

John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 13:59
Member (2008)
French to English
MT turned on? Sep 14, 2017

Is MT turned on? With a project open, Project Home > Settings > MT icon (last on the right) > Make sure "Machine Translation" is checked > Right Click > Edit > displays your MT engines, make sure the ones you want are checked.

Yehua Jiang
Germany
Member (2015)
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Sep 14, 2017

Yep! You are totally right John Fossey. It is the problem. Mystery solved!
I wonder why it doesn't just use my old setting though (same project, never changed it the first time when I installed 8.2).
Anyway, thank you so much John!

[修改时间: 2017-09-14 21:24 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

[Urgent] MT does't show up in 8.2

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search