MemoQ 8.2 - web search no longer based on IE ? CPU and Memory leaks, ads back
Thread poster: Michel4632

Michel4632
Local time: 07:40
Sep 15, 2017

Hello,

Has memoQ 8.2 web search been rewritten independantly from IE (Internet Explorer) engine ?

1) Despite scripts being blocked in IE, ads are back in my web search windows (linguee & others).
2) More importantly, opening a web search window creates very high CPU an RAM usage (up to 100%)

Both issues where not present with MemoQ 8.1.7 running the minute before...

Anyone noticed the same ? Is this a known issue ? Any workaround ?

Thanks
Michel

Michel4632
Local time: 07:40
TOPIC STARTER
Some info on the issue Sep 27, 2017

Here is what I found on Kilgray website : "We replaced Internet Explorer with the Chromium engine in the popular WebSearch window. Not only does it solve the notorious memory leak with sites like Linguee, but it has become a lot faster too!"

Sorry to say that the memory and CPU leaks with Linguee are not solved... (on the contrary, I experience them for the first time with the new version !).

How do we prevent ads in the chromium engine ?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MemoQ 8.2 - web search no longer based on IE ? CPU and Memory leaks, ads back

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search